Qingdao City View

Qingdao City View

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Week 1 - New things!!!

Ok I am learning and experiencing so much is such a short time.

1.  Collaborating with my teammates I am being introduced to tools that I am not sure how I lived without before -  One Note is an example.  I will never use word again for tracking info on projects.

2.  We have been applying the IBM Design Thinking method to our work and using Mural to capture all of our Identity Maps and Hills.  We have two very talented Project Assistants working with us that translate into Chinese as we add things to Mural.  We have 5 people all using the same Mural and it is fun seeing everyone work at the same time on the same workspace.  I have used Mural before but not like this!!!


3.  Trying lots of new food.   Last night Our team went out and had Peking Duck which I ave never had before.  It was fabulous.  The Crispy skin was delicious and the duck was so tender.  They give you pancakes and you make little tacos with the duck, some green onions and a hoisin like sauce.    We also got to try duck's feet.  This is not something you find on an American menu.  It was not my favorite.  As you can imagine it was a little chewy.  They did have a spicy mustard dipping sauce which was very good.

                                          Duck Feet                                      Peking Duck


We had such a good time with the Link team.  So much delicious food.  We are just stuffed and happy  at the end.

1 comment: