Qingdao City View

Qingdao City View

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Month 3 - Departure is closer

Lots has happened in the last month as our team prepares for our in country portion of the assignment.  My visa has been completed. I have been trying to learn a little Mandarin every day. There is still much to do.  I have begun planning what I will take with me.  I need to take some nominal gifts for our teammates, translators and our clients so I need to make sure I have space for this. I am not sure how I will fit everything in one suitcase.  I need business clothes and casual casual clothes and of course shoes. This will be a challenge! I now have all my medical and dental checkups setup. I was lucky to be able to talk to several former CSC candidates to get some insight on what to expect and tips on what to bring. They are a wealth of information and I am so thankful they are all so willing to share their experience.   I have a good sized shopping list.  I hope everything is small so I can fit it all in.    The team has been busy learning different styles of conflict resolution,culture differences, and project management skills.  We should get our assignments in the next couple of weeks so we can begin preparing ahead a time.  So far my teammates all seem very energetic.  I think it will be a great team experience.    4 weeks to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment