Qingdao City View

Qingdao City View

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Seven days and counting down to departure.

We just completed our 12th and final call as a team. It is so hard to believe how fast these 12 weeks of prep work have gone by.   So much has happened in the last week and so much still do before I head out to the airport and say goodbye to my family for a month.

My assignment is with the Qingdao Link Startup Community.  I am very excited to work with a client outside of my usual scope which, as part of the CIO organization, is IBM.   I am hoping to put all  my learning on design thinking and agile frameworks to good use as part of this experience.  Our ultimate goal to provide an excellent experience for our client and leave them delighted with a roadmap on next steps to achieve their goals.  I am lucky to be teamed with Ivonne and Bharat for our project.

A little bit about Qingdao - First is is right on the sea.   It was the host of the Olympic Sailing Competition during the Beijing Olympics.  It was once occupied by the Germans and there is still much German influence in the architecture.  Also it is the home of the International Beer Festival -  another German influence.  It is know for Beaches, Beer and Seafood.  I am a fan of all three.

Next post will be from Qingdao.....Zaijian(Goodbye)  for now!


2 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo... I'll be thinking of you and watching for your posts about your adventures in Qingdao. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I wish you the best !!

    ReplyDelete